n

n

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

BREAKING NEWS II: RICHARD HATCH AND COACH WADE ALSO RETURNING????

Wow it certainly has been a big day for Breaking News hasnt it? On top of the previous blockbuster regarding the imminent Boston Rob VS Russell Hantz battle, I have now learned that original Survivor winner Richard Hatch and everyone's favorite "Coach"; Coach Wade will be returning shortly too. There is no concrete season that Richard Hatch is being pointed to like with Rob and Russell (S22) but word is that he has already been contacted to play again and has accepted. As far as Coach is concerned, an interesting tidbit came out of his Twitter account when he said he "was going to Nicaragua." Since the next two seasons will be filmed there one has to surmise that we will be seeing him again shortly. But in what capacity? As a player? Or as a special guest to offer advice to contestants or something in that nature??? I dont have much on that yet other than what I just wrote. But the fact of the matter is that both will be coming back soon.

I also have learned that Survivor producer Mark Burnett has decided that one of the two season each year from now on will be an All Star type season with past players coming back. Since ratings are always at their highest during these seasons, this makes sense for him to pursue. I can only guess that we wont see total All Star rosters like we have for H VS V but a mixture of new players and old ones like we saw in Micronesia.

MY VIEW: All in all I always love getting old top notch players back into the game, especially the quality of Richard Hatch. In fact Hatch would have been in Heroes VS Villains if it wasnt for the fact that he was still under house arrest. That sentence ends soon and he will be free to travel and compete. I am sure he is chomping at the bit to reclaim his place atop the ledger of Best Player Ever after hearing the title wrongly placed on two-time loser Russell Hantz and recently crowned two-time winner Sandra Diaz-Twine (I agree with the latter view). Coach is interesting to me due to the fact I dont know yet why he is coming back. I cant see him competing this soon after H VS V but who knows. I do like Burnett's idea to have an All Star type season every year but I want some new "old" players and to take a break from the Colby's and Rupert's for awhile.

What about you? Who do you want to see come back and play? Is having an All Star season every other show good for its viability?

No comments:

Post a Comment